Saturday, October 9, 2010

The Dreaming Events of 10/8

d r e a m 1 . . .

The dream took place present day in California. It was night time and I was with my boyfriend. We were walking around the streets of my hometown (though much of the town was very different). We were walking to these two townhouses that were up for rent. We were very interested in renting both of them, one for us and one for our friend who we referred to as "Dennis the Menace" because he got into trouble a lot. We showed up at the homes and they were forest green with white trimming. We went up to the first house...all the lights were off and we tried to peek in. We couldn't see much but Blake said..."This one should be for Dennis the Menace....we don't want him living on our left"....(don't ask me what this means haha). So then we moved on to the second house...that's when our friend showed up to join us. The house wasn't quite vacant yet and the previous renters were actually moving things out right then. We went up to one of the guys there and told him we were all interested in renting the townhouse...he introduced himself as Christopher and told us we could have a look around if we wanted to. He seemed cocky, arrogant, and snarky but also very inviting and friendly. Christopher had many guy friends over who were all hanging out, mostly helping him move, laughing and making jokes as they worked. When we entered the home to look around our friend disappeared quickly into the house and my boyfriend and I chose to go look upstairs first since nobody was up there and we didn't want to disturb the tenants. The upstairs was tiny...and very odd. There was a really little kitchen which held a fridge from the 70's (in that burnt orange color palate)...some counter space, a sink, and a few cupboards. Connected to that was Christopher's bedroom which was absolutely tiny...just big enough for a twin bed and perhaps a nightstand if you were strategic. The bed was awfully hideous.....pink and white with flowers on it....sort of resembled an old women's trundle bed. The only perk to the upstairs is that the room had railing instead of walls and you could see the entire bottom floor if you looked over it. We chose to look at the rest of the house this way as we didn't want to rummage through a stranger's house. Right then the friend whom we hadn't seen since we first arrived at the house came rushing up the stairs....out of breath he said "we need to leave". My boyfriend and I looked at each other confused and then back at him "why?" we asked. He told us to just trust him and that we needed to leave NOW. So the three of us rushed down the stairs and out the front door...my boyfriend and I were going to say thanks to Christopher for letting us see the place but his friends said he was in the bathroom and our friend was too frantic to leave for us to wait. Soon the 3 of us are running down the street when our friend finally admits..."I knew that guy and I did something really terrible to that guy's bathroom"...haha don't ask what it was because he wouldn't say. All he said next was that the guys from the house were probably figuring it out as we spoke and that it wouldn't be too long before they were chasing after us. We decided to split up, thinking that it would be harder for them to track us all down, so my boyfriend went left, our friend went right, and I stayed straight ahead. We had planned to meet at a house that belongs to a friend of my family....I was running as fast as I could, trying not to take glimpses behind me. Much of my hometown was different in the dream and after a long time of panic and running, I realized that I was going in the wrong direction to get there. Suddenly it was day time and people were out and about. Busy like a downtown area with lots of people walking around. As I panicked to figure out where to go I turned around and saw Christopher's friends winded from running. They were within a block of me but hadn't spotted me yet through all the people. I quickly ducked down behind a huge potted plant, hoping that they would start running another direction. They got closer and closer to me....all but about 10 feet when one of the three friends stopped the others to talk about what they were going to do next. I saw Christopher's eyes and they looked angry...whatever my friend had done to his home was worthy of revenge and I could see it in his face. His eyes wouldn't stop searching for us in the crowd. His eyes peeled away from my direction for a few seconds and I seized the opportunity to run out of hiding. Directly to my right there was a big parking lot...it was not paved....gravel and dirt mostly, like the sort of parking available at the County Fair or something. There were cars parked there but they were sporadic and spread far from each other. I ran towards each clump of cars to try to hide myself from them but they had seen me and were already running in my direction. Just outside of the parking lot was a small creek.....abandoned logs and shrubbery lined the sides of the creek. I climbed over one particularly rotten log and up this little hill to cross a small bridge that went over the creek. When I crossed, I was suddenly on the top of a very steep hill and began to fall. Falling falling falling, then I woke up.

No comments:

Post a Comment