Tuesday, October 12, 2010

The Dreaming Events of 10/9

d r e a m 1 . . .

The dream took place in Virginia present day. My boyfriend's sister was at a band competition all day and for some reason none of the family was going, so my boyfriend's mom and dad said they wanted to go do something fun. So the four of us went out to this club (something that my boyfriend's family would never do)....and to those of you who live in Eugene, it was kind of like Jameson's. With people playing pool and music all around us, we found a place to sit - two couches facing each other with a coffee table between us. We chatted a bunch about random things when my boyfriend's dad asked what we should do next. His mother suggested that we go to the zoo and I got really really excited. There is this zoo in Lexington, VA that is a drive through zoo where all the animals run free and you can feed them. My boyfriend and I wanted to go just a week before but didn't end up going, so I was stoked when his mom suggested that we go. My boyfriend immediately shot down the idea, saying that he really didn't want to go and spouted off all the reasons why. I looked at him confused as just a week ago he was psyched to go. I interrupted the debate about going when I realized that it was around 11 at night and that the zoo was closed. So then my boyfriend's dad asked, "well what should we do then?" and his mother made another suggestion to go get something to eat. She said she was really hungry for Carl's Jr. As we were deciding what to eat the dream flashed forward to my boyfriend trying to wake me up (still in my dream). When I woke up, my boyfriend's parents were gone but we were still in the club...we had fallen asleep on the couch. The club had apparently closed because we were the only two left there, all the lights were off, and the music was no longer blaring. I sat up confused as to why his parents would leave us there if we had fallen asleep but my boyfriend quickly suggested that we leave. So I stood up and saw that one of the ladies who worked there was behind the counter counting money in the register. I walked over to her and we apologized for sleeping on her couch...she said it was no big deal. I asked her if his father had already paid the bill and she said yes and that he had given her a $40 tip. When she said that, I noticed that next to the counter was a display of shoes and handbags....as if they were for sale there. So I then said..."well since he gave you such a big tip, I think that you should give me some of these shoes." I reached over and grabbed these particularly gorgeous purple suede boots (they don't sound cool but they were pretty badass in my dream). I tried them on but they were too big....I said, "I want these ones...in my size please." She said..."but those are $75 and he only tipped me $40". I said "so, you should give them to me anyways". She said that the boots did come in my size but that she'd have to go check with her manager to see if she could do that. While she was gone, I wore the boots around the store, looking around at all the rest of the random merchandise. Just at the end of the display my boyfriend and I found a door to another room of the club. So we went inside and it was soooo cool in there. It was an indoor room meant to look like it was outdoors. the ceiling looked like the sky with the sun shining and there were real trees and fountains everywhere....and cobblestone walkways. That's when the dream ended.

No comments:

Post a Comment